[TYPO3] External URL page problem...

Erika Bjune ebjune at tides.org
Tue Jul 25 22:11:51 CEST 2006

Hi list,

There is an inconsistency in the way Typo is handling page hits to my
External URL pages. If I open a browser and type
http://www.tidesfoundation.org/mmmc
<http://www.tidesfoundation.org/mmmc>  the page will redirect to the
correct URL, but if I try to link to that URL from another page, the
External URL doesn't work.

Yes, I know I can set up links directly to the actual URL, but the page
this points to used to be on our old web site (pre-Typo) and the client
wanted to make sure people could still find it using the old URL. The
problem surfaced when someone typed "Tides" and "MMMC" into Google, and
clicked on the first link in the list, which goes to the page that is
supposed to jump to the external URL. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Erika Bjune