[TYPO3] Globalvars

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jul 25 17:39:45 CEST 2006

> This is the setup of my topMenu:
> It's very big, i'm sory!

As far as I can see, there is no L Parameter available to trigger your
different menu setups.
So the default site just shows the default menu.
Calling the .com version, clicking on NL and then on EN gives you the
desired behaviour though.
Since the default language uid for .com is 1 anyway, you wouldn't need the L
parameter as long as there is no user clicking on a language button.

Solution:
1.) Switch the condition for the menus (and the other stuff that is not
translated) to globalString too.
2.) Change the language menu so that it doesn't add the L parameter to the
current URL but sends the user to the correct URL for this language.

So instead of

current.url/?L=1
or
current.url/?L=0

you would get

language1.url
or
language2.url

At least this is the way we are doing it for
www.xposign.com
www.xposign.de

Joey

PS: You should definitely reconsider your table-jungle and try to replace it
with a leaner code ;-)

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de