[TYPO3] UTF8 and mails

Andre Dittmar typo3 at hotbytes.de
Tue Jul 25 17:18:50 CEST 2006

Hello list,

I'd already searched the web and asked the german mailinglist for support but I still have a problem with the UTF-8 encoding in generated mails.

System:
=======
-> PHP Version 4.3.10
   Settings:
   - PHP Core -> default_charset = no value
   - Apache Environment -> HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET = ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
   - HTTP Headers Information -> Accept-Charset = ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7

-> MySQL 4.1.10a
   Settings:
   - utf8 charset
   - collation in database: latin1_swedish_ci (which was default per Typo3-Install, so I leave this)

-> Typo3 Version 4.0
   Settings:
   - [BE][forceCharset] = utf-8
   Typoscript:
   config.notification_email_urlmode = all
   config.notification_email_encoding = quoted-printable
   config.notification_email_charset = utf-8
   config.formMailCharset = utf-8
   config.tx_kbmailcs_formMailCharset = utf-8

Problem:
========
I use the direct mail subscription extension. After submitting, the mail lack of special characters. It's interesting that it seems to depend on the used mailclient, too (See list below)? Anyway, I already tried to patch the problem (http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-team-core/2006-June/004907.html) as described but it doesn't helped. I have to note that the patch-function wasn't available on my webserver (SUSE 9.3), so I'd to patch the file manually. So I don't want preclude that I forgot anything within this manual patch. So it would be great if anybody has already a patched version of the class.t3lib_formmail.php and send me the file for another attempt...

Note:
=====
I'd the same problem also with the th_mailformplus extension, but after I'd included a userfunction which also handle shipping the mails the problem was solved.
I also test the mail of a Contentobject "form". Everything was fine and the mail did contain all the specialchars.

My problem is, that I don't have a clue where the problem might be located? Any help and ideas are appreciately welcome :-)

Thanks and bye
Andre

---
Andre Dittmar | hot bytes

Elbinger Straße 24
74226 Nordheim
Germany

Fon : +49 (0) 71 33 / 20 46 43
Fax : +49 (0) 71 33 / 20 46 42
D1  : +49 (0) 1 60 / 97 22 03 03

Web : http://www.hotbytes.de
Mail: mail at hotbytes.de

Test with direct mail subscription and different mail clients

Outlook
-------
-> No correct output in the subject (located in the templatefile)
-> No correct output in the default text (located in the templatefile)
-> No correct output in the first- and lastname of the personal salutation (I guess the script take these values directly from the posted values?)

Onlineclient eg. gmx.de
-> No correct output in the subject (located in the templatefile)
-> CORRECT in the default text (located in the templatefile)
-> No correct output in the first- and lastname of the personal salutation

Safari Client on Mac