[TYPO3] Sub-Templates?

Amir M. amir219 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 23 12:59:34 CEST 2006

Ryan Off wrote:
> Erik,
>
> I like your method and gave it a shot on my site. Super simple.  Worked
> great. Here is what I did.
>
> On my original HTML File, shown below, I set the banner using the
> background-image property in my CSS file for the "header" class.  Thus,
> as you showed, to change it, I created a new very simple CSS  file
> setting the new background-image to my new banner.. Below are  the files
> I used/created.
>
> Here is an example of my original HTML File used on all my pages :
> template.html

>   <head>
>   </head>
>    <!--###DOCUMENT### begin -->
>    <!--###DOCUMENT### end -->
>

> -------------
> new CSS File with Changed Banner Image : banner-2.css
>
> .header { background-image:url(banner-2.jpg); }
>
> -----
> Typoscript in SETUP field of new Extension Template of the page I  want
> a new header on
>
> page.includeCSS.file1 = fileadmin/templates/banners/banner-2.css
>
> ----
>
> I created an image called banner-2jpg and put it in the same folder
> banner-2.css file..
>
> Super simple. One line in an extension template, one line in a new  CSS
> file, putting things in the right place and...
>
> Voilà... it worked perfect!!!
>
> Thanks again Erik..
>
> Amir.. Does this method make sense and work for you?
>
> Ryan

Hmm, yes that does look very simple, now that you explain it a bit
differently.  I will try it - it seems like the ideal solution if you
want to make multiple changes quickly between each site, and make them
look more different.  For now though all I want is a different banner.

Good job with getting it to work too, and thanks everyone again.