[TYPO3] Sub-Templates?

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Sat Jul 22 08:47:52 CEST 2006

Hello Amir M.,

> The problem with your suggestion, Erik, is that if I had to change
> something to the general CSS style, I would have to go through every
> CSS copy to make the changes.. which may be a hassle - no?  However,
> other then that concern, this does seem a bit more easy then the other
> alternatives.

Not if you do it like I do it. I am using one CSS file who have all the main
style definition. Everything thats similar on every page. Then I have another
CSS file who only have those parts who change from page to page. The last
one is a diiferent css-file for each different design.

On your site that would maybe only be the following part

#banner {
   background: .......
}

The rest of the banner definition still in the main css-file.

In the TemplaVoila Adding parts from HTML header, I only include the main
css-file and the number two css-file who is the correct for the specific
template. You could even choose to define the second css-file with TypoScript,
like this:

page.includeCSS.file1 = fileadmin/templates/<yourfolder>/<folder>/banner-1.css

and make an ext template (TypoScript) on the first page where your new banner
shoould be with this line
page.includeCSS.file1 = fileadmin/templates/<yourfolder>/<folder>/banner-2.css

On www.linnearad.no it's only the bakground image in header and colors who
are defined in these "number" two CSS-files. So if I want to change the way
bulleted list looks, it's in only one css-file, even if I have 7 different
TV templates.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no