[TYPO3] problem with greek characters

Sophokles Zafeiris szafeiris at probank.gr
Fri Jul 21 15:01:48 CEST 2006

Dear all,

Firstly I do not have much experience working with Typo3. In fact I'm trying
to develop my first site.

I worked with templates and extensions and all went well.

But when I tried to write content in greek language (because it will be the
main language for the sites I'm going to develop) I started having problems.

I tried most of the proposed solutions especially those concerning UTF-8,
but there is something really wrong with UTF-8 and the greek language.
If you try for to view a page written in greek, for example www.in.gr (the
most common greek portal) and try to change the encoding to UTF-8 you cannot
read a thing.

I wonder if there is a way to use iso-8859-7 character. My problem is that
when I change typo3 to use this character set it converts all the characters
into question marks (?).

The character set used in mySQl tables is "greek"

I have to mention that my Operating system is Win XP and  web server
Apache
(I agree that it is a weird combination). This environment is for
testing
purposes only.

Thanks in advance

Sophokles

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any one or make copies.

** Probank scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **