[TYPO3] localconf.php syntax error can bring all sites down?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Thu Jul 20 23:19:39 CEST 2006

Hello,

Typo3 3.8.1.
realurl 1.0.0

Our page tree has multiple sites.  I just noticed that if localconf.php
file has any syntax error, e.g. a missing ';', all the sites will be
brought down.  Anybody have the similiar experience?  I'm wondering if
localconf.php could be possibly handled like how Apache handles its
configuration files.  That is each site can have its own Apache conf
file.  Therefore, problems with one site's config won't hurt other sites.

Any thoughts, ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Bing