[TYPO3] the wonders of Babelfish!

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu Jul 20 13:15:31 CEST 2006

Bernd Wilke wrote:

>>tell me... are there any tutorials in german that aren't translated in
>>english (or _from_ english)?
>>
>>This would be "wow" for me too :-)
>

> I think Dave reffers to a lot of websites in german. Thats because of the
> majority of typo3-users reside in germany.
> At least you can get this impression from http://www.frappr.com/typo3 :-)
>
> my proposal:
> if you want to learn typoscript, first learn german. ;->

Ähm. I speak German. But when I learned Typo3 all those snippets in the web didn't help
me a lot - most of them were to complicated to understand.

The only thing which helped "me" a lot was to look into the sourcecode of typo3 (tslib/class.tslib_content.php
for all this stdWrap/cObject stuff) and looh HOW something is done.

By this method you do not get an "second persons view" impression of TypoScript but rather an
exact imagination of what TypoScript is :)

So you better not learn German - to understand all those pages - before you learn TypoScript but
rather PHP - to understand the source itself.

"The source" even has a double meaning in this case - not only that it is the "source code" (as a
programmer would mean) for TYPO3 but it is also the best "source" of documentation you can find :)

greets,
Bernhard