[TYPO3] IE Problem with CSS Styled Content

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Jul 20 09:23:06 CEST 2006

Benjamin Mack schrieb am 19.07.2006 12:41:

> I don't know if this is a bug, but here is my problem and it would be
> great if somebody could confirm this.
>
> Basically my webpage has a couple images on it, which I have added with
> the content element "images", three columns and the checkbox marked at
> "border".
>
> I defined my things in my constants part of my template:
>
> styles.content.imgtext.borderColor = #FF00FF
> styles.content.imgtext.borderThick = 1
> styles.content.imgtext.borderSpace = 5
>
> So it should give a space around the image and then the actual border
> (pink in this case ;-)). In FF everything looks great and just as I
> wanted. But Internet Explorer 6 does not but the borderspace between
> image and border.
>
> I am using Typo3 4.0 and CSS Styled Content 0.3.1 (the one that comes
> with 4.0).
>
> Also there is no override option in my own CSS that could change that view.
>
> If somebody could confirm this display problem then I'll post a bug in
> the bugtracker.

This might happen if IE isn't seeing your page as valid XHTML and thus
is going into "quirks" mode, which is a compatibility mode with older
non-standard-compliant behaviours. To go into "XHTML" mode, you have to
add to your TS:

  page.config.doctypeSwitch = 1

This will exchange the <!DOCTYPE and <?xml headers which will make IE
happy. Also make sure your page is valid XHTML.

Cheers,
Ernesto