[TYPO3] HEAD returns 200 instead of 404

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Thu Jul 20 05:47:54 CEST 2006

    Hi all,

    I am also using 3.8.1 and am experiencing the same problem. See below:

 >telnet myserver.tld 80
Trying (my server ip)...
Connected to myserver.tld.
Escape character is '^]'.
HEAD /fjsdklfj HTTP/1.1
Host: myserver.tld

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 03:38:20 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)

Connection closed by foreign host.

    The negative side-effect I get from this is that tripwire reports a
bunch of false positives, i.e., it thinks that many unsuccessful probes
to our website have been actually successful (because of the 200 Ok code).

    But from my test Typo3 setup on my workstation (win box), I get the
right result:

 >telnet localhost 80
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.