[TYPO3] Transfer/backup templates

Johannes Konert johanneskonert at gmx.de
Wed Jul 19 07:40:48 CEST 2006

Tony Davidson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to transfer a template from one typo3 site to another. Note I
> don't need to transfer any data. Searched on these forums and elsewhere
> all to no avail as to how to do this.
>
> Can anyone give some pointers (or point me to an FAQ).
>
> I don't have shell or FTP access to the first site, have FTP access to
> the second site.
>
> thanks,
> tony

Hi Tony,
switch to list-mode (WEB-list), go to the page (or sysfolder) holding
the template, search the list of content elements for the template,
click on it's icon (the one preceding the name), in the context-menu
appearing click on 'more options...', then 'Export to t3d.

Now you will see all depending structures you may export attached to the
  template. Do as you need.

Go to whatever target-page or folder, click on the icon in the
page-tree, select 'more options..' and 'import from t3d.
You can upload the .t3d file manually to fileadmin before or in the
upcoming webinterface.
Select what to import, that's it.

If you have a bunch of content-elements to export and import I find it
easier to export the full page or part of a page-tree holding these
elements, then after import moving all needed templates/parts with the
clipboard and deleting the imported pages afterwards.

Hope that helps.
Regards,
Johannes