[TYPO3] Total noob, so be gentle :-)

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Tue Jul 18 13:33:00 CEST 2006

Hello Justin,

> Hello,
>
> Just downloaded, extracted, then uploaded the testsite-3.8.1 and ran
> through the install tool.  Says it can't find ImageMagick and that
> Safe+Mode is on, but I'm working on those problems.
>
> Biggest problem is that I go to log into the backend admin and enter
> "admin" and "password" and it just returns me to the login screen
> saying "Your login attempt did not succeed . . ."
>
> Cookies and Javascript are enabled in my browser as far as I know.
>
> Apologies if this is a common question.  Haven't located an FAQ or
> figured out how to search the archives.

Which version of PHP and MySQL are you using (when asking question on the
list you should always give information about you installation, PHP ver.,
MySQL ver, etc. If you don't, it almost impossible to give a correct answer)

If you are running on MySQL 5.x, I'm pretty sure it's a MySQL problem. Look
here http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2059.

Another problem could be ChechReferer, but then I somehow remember the login
will tell you.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no