[TYPO3] efficient multisite management?

Sebastian Fuchs sebastian at hexerei.net
Tue Jul 18 12:44:20 CEST 2006

Hello,
i am not sure if this helps, but for a site with nearly the same
requirements, I used the Typo3 feature "show content from this page"
(field content_from_pid in table pages) to display content from one
"master" content-tree on different "regional" subtrees.
i also used the t3 export functionality to generate the subtrees. after
that you have the "master page id" in the field tx_impexp_origuid. and
with an sql statment you could set the content_from_pid field with the
value from tx_impexp_origuid.
So tx_impexp_origuid displays the connection on page level, and
content_from_pid displays the connection on content level.
This concept is still not so flexible, because creation of new pages,
sorting, deleting of pages is still a more or less manual task.
if somebody has any feedback or more detailed questions about this
concept please post it or contact my directly.

An other aproche could be to use the templaVoila feature of reusing
content elements.

greetings
sebastian