[TYPO3] ab_linklist not cached

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon Jul 17 15:47:36 CEST 2006

>> As far as I can see in the extension details on typo3.org the
>> default setup for this plugin is USER_INT.
>> Change it to USER and try if it is working.
>
> Where can you see this setup?

Have a look at the TypoScript Setup of this extension.
The default setup for both versions (CSS and table based) says:
plugin.tx_ablinklist_pi1 = USER_INT
which means: Caching is disabled for this plugin.

> In class.tx_ablinklist_pi1.php, there are the following lines:
>
> // Configure caching
> $this->allowCaching = $this->conf['allowCaching'] ? 1 : 0;
> if ( !$this->allowCaching ) {
> $GLOBALS['TSFE']->set_no_cache();
> }
> $this->pi_USER_INT_obj = 0;
>
> As I understand it, USER_INT is not set. Did I miss something?

This is a really ugly solution, since "allowCaching" would disable caching
for the whole page and not just the plugin itself, when set to 0.
A simple switch between USER and USER_INT (or maybe COA and COA_INT) based
on "allowCaching" would have been the better approach.
Maybe you should contact the original autor by PM to let him fix this
conceptual bug.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de