[TYPO3] Chinese language on a european website

MimeFly typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de
Mon Jul 17 14:15:55 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have the same 'problem' but it seems to work in both our production and testing environment :-)

We use three languages, English,Spanish, and Chinese (simplified).

It is ALWAYS best to use UTF8 of course. But it does seem to work for me even without UTF8... With a one-tree-fit-all-languages website :-)

Here is my language config.. perhaps this helps...

#######################################
#setup the default language in case of bad L variable
config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.language = en
config.linkVars = L

# spanish language, sys_language.uid = 1
[globalVar = GP: L= 1]
config.sys_language_uid = 1
config.language = es
config.locale_all = es_ES
config.renderCharset = iso-8859-1
config.metaCharset = iso-8859-1
[global]

# English language, sys_language.uid = 0
[globalVar = GP: L = 0]
config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.language = en
config.locale_all = en_US
config.renderCharset = iso-8859-1
config.metaCharset = iso-8859-1
[global]

# Simpl. Chinese language, sys_language.uid = 2
[globalVar = GP: L = 2]
config.sys_language_uid = 2
config.language = ch
config.locale_all = zh_CH