[TYPO3] [Typo3] template in template

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Jul 15 13:40:15 CEST 2006

> Hello Benjamin,just to make that clear: You don't need to cascade
> TEMPLATES because the markers in your HTML-File are cascaded.

Well - there are many cases when it can be very useful to use nested
TEMPLATE elements to separate the HTML code for different stuff.
You can have the main template that gives you the basic layout and inside
you can use a TEMPLATE for content, one for news and another one for
products.
This will make it easier if you have many different people working on the
same site, when everybody can use the files he is responsible for.

But there is still something wrong with the original post, since there is
nothing like styles.content.title.
Maybe it would be good to have a look at the original TypoScript code of
CSS-styled-content or content(default) just to make it clear that
styles.content.get is not a TypoScript "command" (remember: TS is no
programming language!) but a set of predefined rendering setups for
different content elements. You can use the TypoScript Object Browser (TSOB)
for that.
You are not forced to use CSS-styled-content and you can of course create
your own special setup and call it my-preferred-content, but usually it is a
good idea to start with the predefined stuff before you try your own setups.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de