[TYPO3] Few Questions about Typo3

Daniel Doesburg daniel at typo3-nl.eu
Sat Jul 15 12:57:41 CEST 2006

Cate & Peter schreef:
> Hi Prashant
>
  >> 7) what is the learning curve involved for a typo3 ECMS user ?
>
> Very, very, very high. :) doable - but HIGH (can I say that again?? *very,
> very, very high*)

No Cate & Peter, that's not fair. For a "normal" BE-user (say an editor)
it can be made very, very, very easy and simple.
Only for the administrator it's not so easy.

> Basically, you will have to do most of the work yourself, and while you are
> working out what is what, it can be difficult to know what question to ask.
>
> The mailing lists are good, but if you ask something that others consider
> obvious, you may not get an answer.

No, also not true. But there are some rules. One of them is to use your
real full name (first and last). Mostly if I see p.e. "Cate & Peter" or
"prashant n" I skip the posting.

And questions clearly answered in the documentation don't have my/our
priority.

> Unless you have many months to get your site done (sounds like a big one to
> me), I wouldn't advise that you learn Typo3 at the same time as production
> is supposed to be happening.

> The CMS is exceedingly customisable, but you may have to do a lot of the
> customising yourself, which will involve learning TypoScript (neither a
> programming language nor a scripting language, but rather a configuration
> script that communicates with PHP).

If it's for 1 (big) site let it build, buy the knowledge and let you
teach by a good company.

TYPO3 has the capabilities you want. And much more!

Regards,

Daniel Doesburg