[TYPO3] IBM evaluates TYPO3: a bit non-professional ?

Nagita Karunaratne nagita.k at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 11:50:36 CEST 2006

The XHTML+CSS is about the FE, not the BE.

They wanted to
1) "get relatively complicated Web sites up and running quickly". With TYPO3
they would have to climb a steep learning curve while developing the site.
Remember they were developing this in-house.

2) be easily understood by people very quickly so needed a "simple learning
curve of the content management system". The BE was too 'old fashioned' and
they wanted something that looked more hip. They didn't elaborate as to why
they did not like about the BE. I suspect it may have not been flashy
enough.

3) produce XHTML+CSS. I don't think this is much of a problem.

If you have to develop a website in a short time and you didn't know TYPO3,
would you choose it?

I'm surprised they did not consider performance as this was going to be a
big community site.