[TYPO3] creating navigation from records list

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jul 15 02:01:20 CEST 2006

Hi Dmitry (again, again :) )

Dmitry wrote:

>http://typo3.org/documentation/document->library/references/doc_core_tsref/
current/view/8/9/
>============================
>The table, the content should come from.
>
>In standard-configurations this will be "tt_content"
>
>NOTE: Only tables allowed are "pages" or tables prefixed with one of
>these: "tt_", "tx_", "ttx_", "fe_", "user_"
>============================
>
>So, it is tx_ as well. "pages" is table named "pages".

Gotta love the discrepancy between documents, don't you? My downloaded
version (downloaded in April) doesn't include that information ... the
online version doesn't show what date the latest version was updated, and
the swx says 2000-2005, revised for 3.8...

So thankyou for alerting me to that one - I shall update my manuals.

But, so back to my problem ...

If I rephrase it with CONTENT....

lib.myObject = CONTENT
lib.myObject.tables = tx_drwiki_pages
lib.myObject.select {
pidInList = this
orderBy = keyword
}

Im not getting anything returned with this yet ... so, can someone check my
logic pls? How I am reading this is...

The lib.myObject is defined as a content type;
The table to select the content from is tx_drwiki_pages;
>From this page_id
All records are selected, and a list is returned of the keyword field from
all records...

Is that right? Or has it just selected them, and nothing done with them yet?
Do I need to add a command that will display a list? (preferably down the
page)

Cate