[TYPO3] SPAM-LOW: Re: Typo3 vs other CMSs

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Fri Jul 14 12:15:31 CEST 2006

Hi!

Ryan Off wrote:
> I see it as a step which should not be necessary. Ideally it should be
> possible to see how templates effect your site without having to spend
> much time (meaning somewhere around 15 seconds). The idea of skinning is
> to take it very easy and quick to change the look of your
> site/program/etc. Take for example, Mambo, Drupal, other CMSes, WinAmp,
> Windows XP, etc. You create a theme for the software which alters all
> the colors and layout very quickly and easily. So you can try out maybe
> 10 different skins/themes to your site to see which fits your content
> the best. I don't understand why most of the Typo3 users don't see why
> Typo3 should be different than most other pieces of software out there
> that allow skinning/themes?

Good web template cost starts from $50. I doubt many people will sit
many hours creating (= doing creative work) template and then give it
for free. Making a good template is much more difficult than writing
good code, for example.

There are several pre-made templates for typo3. Also templavoila allows
exporting/importing templates. It is only a matter of time when people
start exchanging TV templates.

As to ease of altering - if template [properly] uses CSS, than there is
no problem to alter colors and layout (to some extend).

Dmitry.