[TYPO3] How to store configuration for BE-Module?

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jul 13 02:23:06 CEST 2006

I want to build a BE-Module, where an admin can configure some data.
These data should be used in the BE-Module by non-admin BE-editors.

non-admin editors should be able to create pages with a given
configuration. these Pages should have a given parent-page.
An admin should be able to configure which page is this parent-page.

Building a form is easy, access to admin only too.
But where should I store these data?

I found the file conf.php and the variable $MCONF[], but storing values in
this file would require to read it line by line and replace/insert
modified/new values.
Or are there some methods/functions I have overseen?

Bernd