[TYPO3] Typo3 4.0 Install Problems

Amir M. amir219 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 13 15:13:24 CEST 2006

Christoph Koehler wrote:

>> Have any possible ideas?
>

> Yeah, once you have made sure that there is nothing in the current
> messed  up db that you still need, and you have it in the export, just
> delete all  the tables from the old db before importing it from the backup.
> Next time you export your db (if you are using phpmyadmin), there is an
> option to drop the tables before inserting them; do that.
>
> So just be 100% sure you don't need anything from your current messed
> up  db, maybe back it up again (oh what irony) and then just delete all
> the  tables before importing the first backup.
>
> Christoph

Ah thank you!  Alright, so the database is completely restored now it
seems.  My original website works well from what I see.  Now I will try
the update again all over, and probably just use SSH to make the
backups, since its much easier.

Also, it would be a good idea, along with making a copy of the
directories and files, to just make a second copy of the database and
use that?  I would have to edit the localconf file to make sure that the
site will use the new copy right?

Thanks!