[TYPO3] SPAM-LOW: Re: Typo3 vs other CMSs

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Wed Jul 12 12:32:41 CEST 2006

Hi!

Christoph Herrmann wrote:
> Lol, I'm getting the message, thanks all :) I guess it's the same with
> all the Photoshop vs Fireworks, MT vs Wordpress etc discussions.

It is MS Paintbrush vs Adobe Photoshop.

> I played around all day with Joomla. In my particular case I feel that
> (apart from the very important point that it displays no site hierachy,
> which indeed hurts!) most of all it will be easier on my clients. I can
> sit down and play around with Typo3 all year and probably learn to use
> and develop over time, like I have learnt to use all other tools of my
> trade. But when I tested with my wife yesterday, she had no clue where
> to start with Typo3 and Joomla made a lot of sense to her, at least at
> the basic beginner level.

Well, I have four female editors at the moment, who are too far from
anything related to computers. But they write articles in typo3 and
sometimes help to each other faster than I.

> I don't think any of my
> clients would ever manage to learn Typo3. One example:

False. We managed to teach several clients to use typo3 very effectively
to manage their sites. None of them were computer guru.

> One client of mine wants different templates for different pages. In
> Joomla he just clicks and assigns a template to a page. In Typo3 he
> would need to learn TypoScript and all sorts of stuff.

No, he just uses TemplaVoila's point-n-click interface to quickly build
new template.

Dmitry.