[TYPO3] Typo3 vs other CMSs

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Wed Jul 12 09:52:15 CEST 2006

> In comparison: I started 1 hour ago to look into Joomla. Installed in 5
> minutes. Read and understood template creation tutorials and have
> already the first very basic template up and running.

I love these discussions. With a clean installation of TYPO3 dummy package I
can have a basic site up and running in 5 minutes too. TYPO3 is great isn't
it. ;-)

Sorry you find it so hard. Clearly you want TYPO3 because the reputation is
great but maybe it just ain't for you yet.

I found that TYPO3 was the only CMS that could do want I wanted so I had to
learn it and I still am learning and I still feel like a newbie.

If you can really do it in Joomla, don't waste your effort on TYPO3.

Matthew