[TYPO3] Include static file in page

Drew Leske dleske at uvic.ca
Tue Jul 11 19:06:27 CEST 2006

 > Maybe you just need TSref and this simple method?
 >
 > page.10 = FILE
 > page.10.file = fileadmin/gs/gs.html

The problem I think was that I tried to do it in the page TS config--replace
one of the content elements or create a new one, without creating a
template.  I guess this isn't possible: a new template needs to be created
just for this purpose (am I correct here?).

I don't want to just replace the entire page, because then I just get a
blank page.  So I've created an extension  template with the following in
the Setup:

tt_content.text {
   20 = FILE
   20.file = fileadmin/gs/gs.html
}

And that's it.  It works, and it's better than including a plugin just to
get this functionality (maybe) but is this the best solution?

Thanks everybody for your help,
Drew.

Matthew Manderson wrote:
> Paste your TS setup code that relates to the included external file here.
> Matthew

Drew Leske :: Systems Group/Unix, Computing Services, University of Victoria
   dleske at uvic.ca / +1250 472 5055 (office) / +1250 588 4311 (cel)