[TYPO3] typo3 3.5 / empty line before output

Uwe Graber u.graber at gmx.de
Tue Jul 11 09:55:40 CEST 2006

hello,
we need to make an rss-output of the news-extension. but unfortunenaly
there is an additional empty line at the very top (before DOCTYPE and

For normal HTML Output its ok, but if we use the rss-feed, we get no
stream, because this empty line in the first row.

I already debuged the $GLOBALS["TSFE"]->content, and this seems to be
ok, no extra line here.

the xml-stream stops with
XML-Verarbeitungsfehler: XML-Deklaration nicht am Beginn von externer
Entität, because the first row is not the xml-declaration

thx in advance for any hint
love,light,peace
uwe