[TYPO3] Problems untarring typo3_src-4.0.tar.gz - archive corrupt?

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Mon Jul 10 09:19:15 CEST 2006

Bee Choo Tee wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'm a newbee to Typo3. Have downloaded v4.0 tar.gz file and getting error
> messages when untarring to C: drive using Winrar. My web host does not
> allow
> telnet and ssh, so I need to untar them on my computer before uploading the
> files. My web site runs on Linux and my local computer is Win 2K.
>
> I have downlaoded the tar.gz file from a few different sourceforge links
> and
> keep getting the same error message during untarring. Is the file really
> corrupt or am I doing something wrong?

hello

I've just downloaded typo3_src-4.0.tar.gz and unpacked that using
7zip.org. Everything works perfectly.

So it must be your system/winrar/etc that causes the problem.

Maybe something makes the downloaded data corrupted. Some months ago I
had nvidia nforce4 firewall (built in on motherboard) that causes data
corruption. After turning it off no more troubles.

--
grtz
Krystian