[TYPO3] lib vs temp in setup?

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Jul 8 15:26:14 CEST 2006

>> If lib.stdheader was temp.stdheader instead, the pointer would not
>> work! This is due to the fact that the runtime-reference would find
>> nothing in "temp." as this is unset before the template is stored
>> in cache!
>
> lib allows you reuse the exact object again elsewhere whereas temp you
> cannot.
>
> So to conclude, I should use temp where possible but if I need to
> reuse the object elsewhere and temp is not producing the expected
> results then use lib instead.

And you should use lib, if you want to be able to change things easily in
just one place afterwards.
You can find lib.whatever in the TSOB and changing a value there will change
every other part, which is using a copy or a reference of lib.whatever.
temp.whatever can only be found in the one template setup, where you defined
it. So if you want to change something you have to change exactly this setup
or each and every part where you reused it separately.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de