[TYPO3] dynamic navigation for next level of tree

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jul 8 07:49:14 CEST 2006

Hi all

I am trying to generate a dynamic navigation for the next level out in the
hierarchy of my site.

I have

# Leftside Navigation

lib.spokenav = HMENU

# First level menu-object, textual

lib.spokenav.1 = TMENU

lib.spokenav.1 {

# Normal state properties

NO.allWrap = <li class="leftnav"> | </li>

NO.stdWrap.data = leveltitle : 4

# Enable active state and set properties:

ACT = 1

ACT.stdWrap.data = leveltitle : 4

ACT.allWrap = <li class="leftnav"> | </li>

}

I have tried the values 0,1,2,3,4, -1, -2, for leveltitle, and none of them
pull what I want up..

I have also tried a number of other alternatives, like .special to achieve
this, and just haven't quite worked it out.

I actually thought that -1 should pull up the outermost, but upon looking at
some other snippets, that seems to be "outermost to this point".

I tried working out what level the pages are on (4) and that is the current
example, but it doesn't work, it returns empty.

What am I missing?

Cate