[TYPO3] Template troubles

Tyler Kraft headhunterxiii at yahoo.ca
Fri Jul 7 14:27:08 CEST 2006

It was just the recommended way to do menus and such. (as recommended in
templavolia) Why or what exactly is the logic, i don't know 100%, but
I've been doing them like that for a few years now and I can't see any
reason to change it - habit I guess.

 From TSref, section page setup:

“temp” and “styles” are used for conde-libraries you can copy during
parse-time, but they are not saved with the template in cache. "temp" /
"styles" are unset before the template is cached! Therefore use these
names to store temporary data.

“lib” can be used for a “library” of code, you can reference in
TypoScript (unlike “styles” which is unset)

Maybe someone else can enlighten us both ;-)