[TYPO3] "Survey": are you using TYPO3 workspaces?

christian reiter cr at n-o-s-p-a-m-cxd.de
Fri Jul 7 13:12:16 CEST 2006

> Is anybody using workspaces in a real project?
>
> If no, are there any reasons (eg bugs or issues) besides having no time or
> interest, yet?

Not using. When I read the introduction to workspaces (Workspace Beta
Release) I came across issues which were insurmountable for all our clients
who are interested in a seperation of Draft and Live versions

1.   It must also be possible for a fileadmin/ file that exists on Draft to
be in a different version or  also totally nonexistent on Live, i.e. if the
file is 'recalled' it must not be able to access it on live even in
knowledge of the full URL.

In general, all files associated with the website (all pdfs, images but also
all javascripts, CSS, HTML templates for extensions or content rendering)
must be separable in Draft and Live.

2. Continuity of anchor links and insert record elements must be given in
all circumstances

So Workspaces simply follows a different concept than we needed for these
clients.

Gretings,
Christian Reiter