[TYPO3] migrating from midgard CMS

R. van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Fri Jul 7 06:37:36 CEST 2006

Valery Romanchev wrote:
> Hi
>

>> Probably a couple of hundred. I might be able to create the articles and
>> import the page content from the midgard db. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
>>

> I do some migration projects.
> (www.ncai.org for example)
> From my exeperience the best way to migrate  200 articles - do this
> manually.
> It is easy to create 200 pages in TYPO3 - 40 min or so.
> (+ 60 min, if you have keywords and description per page).
>
> Then you can simply copy content in brauser  to clipboard and then  paste
> content to TYPO3 Rich Text Editor.
> In 50%  cases you will get good result. Images will be migated with this
> method, but will be stored in internal TYPO3 folder (no  good reusing)
> and for remaining 50% - some manuall HTML job
>
> Regards
> Valery Romanchev
> www.typo3lab.ru

I do tend to agree with that aswell.....
Then you can do the job right from the beginning.
When import fails, even minor. Then you need to go to every article anyways.
In my case I had about 1400 pages to migrate..... So that's why I spend some
time to make proper import routines.

Ries

--
Ries van Twisk