[TYPO3] migrating from midgard CMS

Valery Romanchev romanchev at typo3lab.ru
Fri Jul 7 01:26:08 CEST 2006

Hi

> Probably a couple of hundred. I might be able to create the articles and
> import the page content from the midgard db. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I do some migration projects.
(www.ncai.org for example)
>From my exeperience the best way to migrate  200 articles - do this
manually.
It is easy to create 200 pages in TYPO3 - 40 min or so.
(+ 60 min, if you have keywords and description per page).

Then you can simply copy content in brauser  to clipboard and then  paste
content to TYPO3 Rich Text Editor.
In 50%  cases you will get good result. Images will be migated with this
method, but will be stored in internal TYPO3 folder (no  good reusing)
and for remaining 50% - some manuall HTML job

Regards
Valery Romanchev
www.typo3lab.ru