[TYPO3] "Survey": are you using TYPO3 workspaces?

Jamie Lawrence Jenner forums at webgremlins.net
Thu Jul 6 17:54:11 CEST 2006

Workspaces are really worth learning

the draft and live workspaces are ok for smaller sites.

but, supposing that you have a large site where there news editors and
content editors

if they are all working in the draft wrokspace, then they will all be
exposed to each others content, because they are all in the draft workspace.

thsi is where custom workspaces come into work. You can set up custom draft
and live workspaces for specifc sets of user groups, and so completely
encapsulate their work environments.

these cna be used to create some very powerful systems. It is alot more
complex than this though,

marlie has some tutorials on workspaces, and they are ok, although not to
descriptive in some parts. and i found a couple of areas were too vague.
make sure that you watch the tutorials on the draft and live workspaces
first.

www.mcuniverse.com

I will also be releasing some more intuitive tutorials in these areas soon,
and i will post when done.

jamie