[TYPO3] Can't include "not in menu" pages in path menu using includeNotInMenu property

Ricardo Scachetti Pereira ricardo at tdwg.org
Tue Jul 4 22:14:41 CEST 2006

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to set the property includeNotInMenu to 1 (HMENU) to
generate a path menu (breadcrumbs). I want to display all subpages in
this menu, including those with "not in menu"  property set.

    I tried it in many different ways, but I can't get the "not in menu"
pages to show up. Here's a snippet of my template:

temp.path = HMENU
# Setting the special property to "rootline" - this will produce a
"Path-menu"
temp.path.special = rootline
temp.path.includeNotInMenu = 1
#temp.path.excludeDoktypes = 5,6  # I tried this line uncommented, with
different values and didn't work

# First level menu-object, textual
temp.path.1 = TMENU
# Wrapping value for the whole menu:
temp.path.1.wrap = Path:   |
temp.path.1 {
    # Normal state properties appending " > " to all elements but the one.
    # (See "optionSplit")
    NO.allWrap = | >  |*||*| |
}

    The property includeNotInMenu is described in the documentation
(link below), but it doesn't show up on the TSRef browser from my Typo3
instance.

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/8/11/

    I did search for solutions on the mailing list archives, Typo3.org
documentation and Google without luck. Google shows some references to
others having the same problems, but I couldn't find solutions.

    I'm using Typo3 v3.8.1 and my templates follow the instructions on
Modern Template Building.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Best regards,

Ricardo