[TYPO3] How does ifEmpty work? Simple TypoScript question

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Tue Jul 4 18:05:23 CEST 2006

> I just wondered about the "if" Functions. I am able to make nothing of
> it. The documentation (in regard of the posts about that the last
> days) does not help me really about that.
>
> What I want is, that if my MENU object is empty, that it overrides the
> sidemenu.wrap function. That's why I got this "wrap" on line 3, and it
> should be overridden in the last line. Could someone please help me
> on this? ----
> lib.sidemenu = HMENU
> lib.sidemenu.entryLevel = 2
> lib.sidemenu.wrap = <div id="sidenav"> | </div>
> lib.sidemenu.1 = TMENU
> lib.sidemenu.1 {
>   noBlur = 1
>   NO = 1
>   ACT = 1
> }
> lib.sidemenu.stdWrap.ifEmpty.wrap = |

Not necessary here ot use ifEmpty.
Simply move the wrap to TMENU instead of HMENU.

lib.sidemenu = HMENU
lib.sidemenu {
    entryLevel = 2
    1 = TMENU
    1 {
        wrap = <div id="sidenav"> | </div>
        noBlur = 1
        NO = 1
        ACT = 1
    }
}

TMENU wrap will wrap only, if there are items in the menu.

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de