[TYPO3] How does ifEmpty work? Simple TypoScript question

Benjamin Mack bmack at kirix.com
Tue Jul 4 11:09:38 CEST 2006

Hey,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Firsts, your menu will not be empty, it will contain at least "<div
> id="sidenav"></div>". Second, you are overriding menu with its value.
> Pipe character means "current value", so your last line is useless.

>> lib.sidemenu.stdWrap.ifEmpty.wrap = |

Really? I thought that the pipe character is the separater. Means, that
if I have

   lib.sidemenu.stdWrap.ifEmpty.wrap = <div id="nothing"> | </div>

the pipe means something different than like this:

   lib.sidemenu.stdWrap.ifEmpty.wrap = |

Interesting. and... confusing... But good to know.

Thanks, man!

greetings,
benni.
-SDG-