[TYPO3] Get startingpoint id inside extension

Jacob sørensen jsd at e-privat.dk
Mon Jul 3 19:48:33 CEST 2006

Hey guys,

I'm making an extension and I'm having some trouble.

I’ll use a simple links extension for illustration purposes.

I want to have a sysfolder where all the links-records are put. On a page I then want to insert a plug-in which says “Show Links” and set the starting point to the sysfolder for the links. This is all simple.

But how do I get the page-id of the sys folder which is the starting point from inside my extension php-code? Because two different users have their own links folder and thus the starting point will be different.

The thing is I want to be able to have specific folders for links which every user can make and then show on his her page.

Hope u can help.

Regards,
Jacob