[TYPO3] LDAP Sync on Typo3 4.0 problem

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Mon Jul 3 19:01:34 CEST 2006

Hi,

Typo3 4.0.
lday_sync 0.2.1
ldap_lib 0.2.0
ldap_server 0.2.1
ldap_auth 0.2.1

When I clicked Web->LDAP Sync, and then the 'FE Users and LDAP'
sysFolder in the page tree, I have no problem seeing the defined ldap
server listed.  However, clicking either 'Do Sync' or 'Simulate Sync'
button doesn't make anything happen.  Where can I find more information
on what LDAP Sync is doing?  Is it a LDAP connection problem or some
problem prevents users info from being pulled out of the LDAP server
(OpenLDAP)?

The following is the ldap_server (OpenLDAP) config:

Enable for backend authentication checkbox: checked
Servername: xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:389
ServerType: x500(OpenLDAP)
LDAP protocol version: 3
Base DN: DC=some,DC=edu
Filter for persons: (&(objectClass=*)(uid=###USERNAME###))
Configuration:
==
FEusers = LDAP_SYNC
FEusers {
   enable = 1
   handleNotFound = 0
   table = fe_users
   pid = 56
   uniqueField = tx_ldapserver_dn
   fields {
     username = MAP_OBJECT
     username.attribute = uid
     username.userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getSingleValue

     company = MAP_OBJECT
     company.attribute = isuPersonDeptName
     company.userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getSingleValue

     name = MAP_OBJECT
     name.attribute = displayName
     name.userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getSingleValue

     email = MAP_OBJECT
     email.attribute = mail
     email.userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getSingleValue

     country = MAP_OBJECT
     country.attribute = co
     country.userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getSingleValue

     telephone = MAP_OBJECT
     telephone.attribute = telephoneNumber
     telephone.userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getSingleValue

     address = MAP_OBJECT
     address.attribute = postalAddress
     address.userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getSingleValue

     tx_ldapserver_dn = MAP_OBJECT
     tx_ldapserver_dn.special = DN

     password = MAP_OBJECT
     password.attribute = userClass
     password.include =
/data/www/html/site/typo3conf/ext/jm_pubcookie/class.tx_jmpubcookie.php
     password.userFunc = tx_jmpubcookie->randomPassword

     usergroup = MAP_OBJECT
     usergroup {
	attribute = userClass
	userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getFEGroups
	userFunc {
		pid = 56
		table = fe_groups
		identField = title
	}
     }

   }
}

BEusers = LDAP_SYNC
BEusers {
   enable = 1
   table = be_users
   pid = root
   handleNotFound = 0
   filter = (&(objectClass=person))
   uniqueField = tx_ldapserver_dn
   fields {
     username = MAP_OBJECT
     username.attribute = uid
     username.userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getSingleValue

     password = MAP_OBJECT
     password.attribute = userClass
     password.include =
/data/www/html/site/typo3conf/ext/jm_pubcookie/class.tx_jmpubcookie.php
     password.userFunc = tx_jmpubcookie->randomPassword

     realName = MAP_OBJECT
     realName.attribute = displayName
     realName.userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getSingleValue

     email = MAP_OBJECT
     email.attribute = mail
     email.userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getSingleValue

     tx_ldapserver_dn = MAP_OBJECT
     tx_ldapserver_dn.special = DN

     usergroup = MAP_OBJECT
     usergroup {
	attribute = userClass
	userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getBEGroups
	userFunc {
		pid = root
		table = be_groups
		identField = title
	}
     }
   }
}

FEgroups < FEusers
FEgroups {
	table = fe_groups
         handleNotFound = 0
	filter = objectClass=userClass
	fields {
		username >
		email >
		name >
		password >
		usergroup >
                 company >
                 telephone >
                 country >
		title = MAP_OBJECT
		title.attribute = userClass
		title.userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getSingleValue
	}
}

BEgroups < FEusers
BEgroups {
         pid = root
	table = be_groups
	handleNotFound = 0
	filter = objectClass=userClass
	fields {
		username >
		email >
		name >
		password >
		usergroup >
                 company >
                 telephone >
                 country >
		title = MAP_OBJECT
		title.attribute = userClass
		title.userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getSingleValue
	}
}

FEauth = LDAP_AUTH
FEauth {
   enable = 1
   table = fe_users
   SSO = 1
   SSO.10.include =
/data/www/html/site/typo3conf/ext/jm_pubcookie/class.tx_jmpubcookie.php
   SSO.10.userFunc = tx_jmpubcookie->pubcookieUser
   sync < FEusers
}

BEauth < FEauth
BEauth {
   table = be_users
   SSO = 1
   SSO.10.include =
/data/www/html/site/typo3conf/ext/jm_pubcookie/class.tx_jmpubcookie.php
   SSO.10.userFunc = tx_jmpubcookie->pubcookieUser
   sync < BEusers
}
==

If I changed the OpenLDAP server to an AD server, the LDAP Sync module
cannot not list the LDAP server at all.  But on the other side, the
following configuration works great on the same server for us.

Typo3 3.8.1
ldap_lib 0.2.0
ldap_server 0.2.0
ldap_auth 0.2.0
ldap_sync 0.2.0

Anybody have any clue what might be wrong?  I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Bing