[TYPO3] a call for good documenation writers to partner with extension developers

Martin Kindler kindlerm at arcor.de
Mon Jul 3 16:01:59 CEST 2006

Tyler,

I disagree with you.
A "general" list should be the starting point for discussions which might
interest a larger audience.
No one can subscribe to so many lists. Currently I need in my daily work 4
or 5 products/tools. I am subscribed to the respective "general" user lists.
This means a few hundred mails daily. I cannot and will not post my problems
or opinions to all the specific sublists which exist.

Sure, when a discussion gets too deep and long, it should migrate to a more
appropriate place and someone should tell the readers of the general list
where she/he can find it (assuming an easily accessible archive is available
;-)).

And: please inform the users in a polite way. Not this ">YOU MADE AN
ERROR!!!!" style which IMHO we find too often in this list.

User communities of open source software must rely on one central place
where information is exchanged, and this is the "general" list in my
opinion.

Martin