[TYPO3] documentation in general

Johannes Reichardt typo3 at gramba.de
Mon Jul 3 12:50:25 CEST 2006

Hi there,
> I don't think doc is related to that topic, in my opinion is just a
> question of time, organization and will.

I hardly dare to write something on this topic since i tend to complain
about 100% more than i actually contribute. But i still want to say some
thoughts i have about documentation:

1: I guess SWX is an uncomfortable way of providing documentation. I
would rather set up a structured sort of wiki that allows to quickly
edit properties and new TS configs.

maybe something like
knowledge.typo3.org/tx_blabla/TSconfigs/ (shows a list of all available
TS "buttons")
knowledge.typo3.org/tx_blabla/showEditButtons (shows a description of
that certain config along with a list of related configs)
etc.. etc..

That would make things easy to edit and like Michael proposed it opens
up the process of adding contributions etc.. - right now there is lots
of beareaucracy regardings *small* things that keeps back lots of people
i guess (like filling out tons of forms before you may fill out the
actual form you would like to fill out ;)

The drawback is that there is no print version available out of the box
- but based on a sense-making structure of the knowledge wiki it should
be easy to make something that is at least working - and since typo3 is
an online application the *online* way should be prefered due to
practical reasons to the *offline* way.

Another thing: That docuwiki should be *the* place for all info. No
other places on typo3.org then! I would definetly help fill such a
structure. The wide-spreadedness kills me.

Just my 2 lazy docucents.

- Johannes