[TYPO3] documentation in general

Andrea Giorgini a.giorgini at norvlit.de
Mon Jul 3 11:33:53 CEST 2006

Martin Kindler wrote:
> I can completely understand you and support your pledge for better T3
> documentation although I have a degree in computer science.

Hi,

as well as Martin I also have a degree in computer science, and I am a
PHP developer for about 6 years. Ok, many things for me are clear now,
and I have to say that for people like me often is just a question of
studying. But Martin is right (IMHO) with his analysis, documentation
often is not that up to date and often poor. I also have to say that for
the (in my opinion ONLY) alternative - eZ - the point is the same: the
learning curve is quite high. I honestly think this is the price to pay
to have such a powerful tool, but without any doubt people could work a
little bit more on documentation (and this is valid also for myself, as
a developer I know we often miss the will to write it).

My greatest appreciation anyway to the whole Typo3 staff, you are doing
a great work.

Andrea