[TYPO3] File & Directories

S. Teuber traveler_in_time at gmx.net
Mon Jan 30 16:40:47 CET 2006

Hi,

> I want to create some client directories that only those client have
> access to when logged in.  The directories will be used for me to
> place a file there and the client to review the file.  I would to lock
> this down so no one else but the client when they are logged in can
> view or download it.
>
> Is there any extension out there that I could use?

No need for an extension.
If you are talking about the frontend (Website), just create some FE Users
(Website Users) / FE groups, then create a page for each user and set the
Access restriction, using the dropdown menu located at the end of the page
configuration form in the backend, to allow only that user access to the
page.

If you are talking about the backend, use the backend user configuration to
set a filemount for each user, creating one directory per user.

Hope that helps,

Sven