[TYPO3] special characters are converted to spaceCharacter or dropped in RealURL

elfriede.heilmeier at urz.uni-bamberg.de elfriede.heilmeier at urz.uni-bamberg.de
Mon Jan 30 10:09:48 CET 2006

Hello,

in path segments characters like "-_+ " are treated as space and converted to the defined spaceCharacter. Characters like "§():" and more like that are dropped.

I could not find an hint in the manual of realurl, so I think a code hack is the only way to avoid this.

Because we wish that "-" is not converted to the defined spaceCharacter, I changed in class.tx_realurl_advanced.php the line:
 $processedTitle=strtr($processedTitle,' -+_',$space.$space.$space.$space);
 $processedTitle=strtr($processedTitle,' +_',$space.$space.$space);

But this is the wrong way. Doing this, the "-" is dropped. :-(

What is the correct hack to keep hyphens in path segments?

Thanks for your advices.

Yours
Elfriede Heilmeier