[TYPO3] TSConfig and assigning custom CSS

Michael Nardell miken at inetworld.net
Sat Jan 28 22:32:26 CET 2006

Greetings :: I have a site I am developing that uses T3 v.4 and
TemplaVoila. So far everything is working well, however I have not found
  an elegant solution to the following problem:

I have certain pages that have a distinctive "color story" (background
graphics, and text colors are set in a CSS which overides the color
settings in my site-wide css.) I have done some experiments by using the
  TypoScript Settings field in the template:

page.stylesheet = red_custom_colors.css

And then I get an additional link element in my HTML
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="uploads/tf/red_custom_colors.css" />

Which seems to work ok. However there are some things that I do not like
about this approach:

1) I will need to set-up a page template for each page that is to
receive a color customization.

2) It seems like I need to reference the css file in the Template's
Resouce field for this to work. I would rather only have to specify the
the css referenc in one place.

I would like to be able to add additional style sheet links to pagees
using the TSConfig field (or using some other page property field),
without having to set up a whole new template for each page that is to
receive a custom css. I am reading through alot of the germain
documentation TSRef, etc. However I have not found a solution to this
particular problem that seems right. Any pointers would be appriciated.

Mike