[TYPO3] EXT: htmlArea RTE - Users manual FAQs?

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 19:45:07 CET 2006

On 1/27/06, Bing Du <du_bing at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Now things just started making sense now.  Thanks,Christopher.
> Unfortunately, the htmlArea RTE 1.1.3 extension we installed did not
> have any document icon in the Docs column.  It's empty.  I also checked
> another typo3 server we have that also had htmlArea RTE installed but
> it's ver 1.0.0.  It does not have any doc icon either.  Guess that's why
> I misunderstood.  On both servers, I can see some other installed
> extentions have doc icons.   I was able to download the manul from its
> sxw link on the web and extracted it.  Just need to find out a proper
> way to read it.

As I mentioned, it's an OpenOffice file. Go to http://openoffice.org
and download the reader.

It's possible to configure your install to download the manual for
each extension that you download; just set [EXT][em_alwaysGetOOManual]
 in the install tool.

Also, if you connect to the repository with the Extension Manager and
click on the extension's _name_ instead of the download icon, you get
a form with an option to get the manual for that extension only when
you download it.

-Christopher