[TYPO3] Search only displaying results from 1 branch

Nate Hall nate at wednesdayproductions.com
Thu Jan 26 18:43:18 CET 2006

Hi everyone-

I have a frustrating delemia with the indexed search extension.  It
basically only returns results back from the page navigation branch it is
under even though the entire site indexes successfully (as verified under
admin/info)

My actual Search page is found under a page called Resources (So it would go
Rootpage/Resources/Search).  The odd thing is is that it will only display
results for pages underneath the Resources section, not any other pages on
the site (there is about 50, all following the same page tree flow:
Rootpage/Main Navigation/secondary navigation).  If I add the search page to
another Main Navigation page under Root, it will do the same thing- only
show results related to that branch.

I tried changing the starting page but nothing happens no matter where I put
it.

My site structure is built off of 3 templates- the root page template, which
then includes the secondary page template, and that template includes the
tertiary page template.  Here is the link to the site search page (type in
news and you will get one result):
http://server1.tekdevelopment.com/~nhall318/62.html.

In the setup off all three templates I have:

 page.config.index_enable = 1

If I only have that in my root page template, only that page gets indexed,
and when I perform a search, that information does display in the results,
but if I add that code back to the other templates, they get indexed, but
again only show the results for that branch under the root.

It would appreciate any help- I have tried everything I can think of, as
well as read all the posts I could find on this.  I can't imagine I am the
first person to have this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Nate