[TYPO3] Advanced Banner management and RealURL problem

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 18:43:09 CET 2006

Hi,

On 1/26/06, matt <matt at f13.co.uk> wrote:
> Christopher- as you so rightly pointed out know something doesn't add up here....and I am going quite insane trying to figure it
> out!!!
>
> I'm sorry I am unable to show you the actual site... but I  can confirm that the stutus bar does display the correct link, and when
> I copy the shortcut in IE you get something like this....
>
> http://domain.tld/subfolder/products/targetpage.html?no_cache=1&tx_macinabanners_pi1%5Bbanneruid%5D=1
>
> Which should theoretically go to the right page!  When I copied and pasted the url into a new browser and hit enter it still
> errored.  So I then tried deleting the GET params off the end.... and hey presto, the link works ok.  So more specifically, it's the
> second GET variable in the URL above that is causing the trouble, e.g. tx_macinabanners_pi1%5Bbanneruid%5D=1
>
> Can anyone suggest whats wrong?  Is realURL not interpreting the GET varibles properly?

Odd. I don't really have any further ideas except this one: does it
work if you turn off realurl and use simulateStaticDocuments? How
about when not using either ssd or realurl? If it's _still_ broken
when using ssd, but NOT broken when NOT using ssd or realurl, then I
guess the problem is in your rewrite rules...

Otherwise, I have no helpful ideas :)

-Christopher