[TYPO3] Flush RealURL Cache

Wuergler Robert typo3 at wuergler-consulting.ch
Thu Jan 26 09:16:09 CET 2006

Sandy Matheson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have had two recent incidents where I have run into trouble with
> RealURL. In the first case I was trying to rename a page and in the
> second to replace a page with a new page of the same name.
>
> In both instances Real URL didn't accomodate the change, in the first
> one still quoting the old page name in the URL and in the second still
> trying to access the old page (which was an external redirect).
>
> The only way round I could find was to remove the extension
> completely, delete the tables and then reinstall from scratch!
>
> Is there something I am missing, surely there is a way of flushing and
> resetting the cache that realURl holds?
>
> Many thanks for any help,
>
> Sandy Matheson

I think what you're trying to do is either by design not provided or
isn't advised anyway. RealURL has this nice feature that e. g. if you
move a page to some other place in the tree, then it's still accessible
by the same URL (search engines, users!), I think that can be found in
the documentation.

Which means, you should use other means if you want to rename or
replace, certainly no need to reinstall at all!
I usually just copy the page, deactivate the old one, give a new name to
the just copied page; same for replacing, easy! Of course all that
before you render the page the first time. Use  the alias if needed
(which of course must be unique).

Note that once the page has been generated (FE), then the URL is set -
it must be.

Robert