[TYPO3] rtehtmlarea does not show up while editing pagecontent

typo3 at helber.it typo3 at helber.it
Wed Jan 25 13:24:54 CET 2006

Hi!

The extension rtehtmlarea (latest Version 1.1.3) doesn't show up while I am
editing a pagecontent.

I added the following 2 lines to localconf.php:
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['RTEenabled'] = 1;
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['rtehtmlarea']['HTMLAreaPluginList'] =
'TableOperations, SpellChecker, ContextMenu, DynamicCSS, SelectColor,
TYPO3Browsers, InsertSmiley, FindReplace, RemoveFormat, CharacterMap,
EnterParagraphs, QuickTag, InlineCSS';

I also added to the TSconfig of my UserAccount the following line:
setup.default.edit_RTE = 1

While I tried to get rtehtmlarea to do its job I removed the conflicting
extensions:
rte_pb_htmlarea, sr_spellcheck, rte_chooser, sr_htmlarea, rte_conf

The database tx_rtehtmlarea_acronym exists.

In the Extension-Manager installation status of rtehtmlarea there are some
naming-errors:
0	TBE_browser_recordList
1	localPageTree
2	rtePageTree
3	TBE_PageTree
4	localFolderTree
5	rteFolderTree
6	TBE_FolderTree

On Typo3 (3.6.6) the extension rte_pb_htmlarea worked fine.
But now in Typo3 (3.8.0) I don't get rtehtmlarea, rte_pb_htmlarea or rte to show
up.
I viewed the backend with Firefox and Internet Explorer. But I never have seen
htmlarea in Typo3 (3.8.0).

I read the manual on typo3.org and followed it step by step.
I searched on the mailinglist and in forums and tried different configurations.
But nothing helped.

Perhaps someone can help me
Thanks in advance

Greetz John